Federal Workforce Recruitment Program
The Federal Workforce Recruitment Program (FWRP) is the signature program of Career Gateway and connects highly motivated college students and recent graduates with a disability to full-time paid summer internships and permanent jobs with federal employers nationwide. This government-sponsored initiative is co-sponsored by the Office of Disability Employment Policy under the Department of Labor, the Department of Defense and about 20 other federal agencies. You can learn about the program by visiting www.wrp.gov
- Full-time PAID internships
- Career development training
- Interview with federal employer
- Market skills to disability inclusive employers nationwide
- Mentoring opportunity
- Build resume experience
- Supportive work environment to develop employment skills
Registration begins August 28, 2017. Get started today! Complete a workshop verification form.
The student registration for the 2016 recruitment year of the Federal Workforce Recruitment Program is now open. To apply for the FWRP you must complete the two-part process below.
- Meet eligibility requirements
- Part I - Print out copy of Workshop Verification Form
- Complete career development training (resume, cover letter and a mock interview) to obtain the required verification signatures from a career adviser.
- Part II - Call DRS at 215-204-1280 to schedule an appointment to meet with the FWRP intern and bring your completed Workshop Verification Form along with a digital version of the following documents to the meeting: 1) resume, 2) cover letter, 3) transcript, 4) Schedule A letter, and 5) DD214 (if you are a veteran). (Address cover letter to “Federal Workforce Recruitment Program”)
FWRP participants from last year with a Workshop Verification Form on file are NOT required to complete the career development training but are encouraged to update their resume and have it reviewed by a career professional. Once completed, follow part II above to complete the FWRP registration process.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Have a documented disability under Americans with Disabilities Act
- Register with Disability Resources and Services
- Be enrolled as a full-time student (unless the significance of disability precludes a full-time course load), or have graduated from Temple University in the past year
- Complete career development training at a Temple Career Center and obtain verification signatures
- Be Schedule A eligible and submit a certification letter (if hired)
- Complete a pre- and post-program survey