Sign Language and CART
- Sign language interpreting, on-site and remote Communication Access Real Time Translation (CART) services are available for students at no cost for academic-related purposes. Departments or agencies that request interpreter or CART services may be charged back for the cost of services.
- In order to ensure effective services, course schedules should be submitted at least eight weeks prior to the start of the semester.
- Meetings, events or other academic activities should be submitted a minimum of 7 days in advance to schedule interpreters or CART services.
- Temple staff and administrators requesting interpreting for university-sponsored events should contact DRS a minimum of 14 days in advance. It is the responsibility of the organizers of the event to make the request on behalf of attendees.
- Any changes to the schedule or request should be forwarded to DRS immediately.
- Please note that DRS Staff will make a best-faith effort to provide services for requests that are not made within a reasonable timeline but cannot ensure that interpreting or CART will be available.
- All interpreting and CART requests for Temple University should be submitted to DRSCommAccess@temple.edu.