Documentation Guidelines

DRS uses an individualized process to establish reasonable accommodations on the basis of a meeting with you and a review of all supporting information you provide. For a more productive initial meeting, you should send your documentation to DRS prior to scheduling an appointment.

Documentation that you submit to DRS when requesting accommodations should be current and relevant to higher education and answer the following questions:

  • What is the disability or condition for which you are seeking services? 

  • How does the disability impact you in a higher education environment?

  • What evaluations, tests, or assessments were used to diagnose the disability and/or demonstrate its impact?

  • What accommodations have been recommended or used in the past?

Some examples of documentation that may support your request for accommodations include:

  • Psycho-educational evaluations

  • Medical evaluations

  • Speech or hearing evaluations

  • IEPs or 504 plans

  • Other professional evaluations that are specific to the disability

Reasonable accommodations are determined on a case-by-case basis. Please feel free to submit any documentation that you feel is current and relevant, with the understanding that additional information may be required to support a specific accommodation request.

Please be aware that other universities and testing agencies have procedures for accommodation requests that may differ from Temple’s procedures. It is important to check directly with the university or testing agency for information on what is needed to establish accommodations.

If you suspect that you have a disability, you should see a professional in the appropriate field for further evaluation. We suggest that you contact Temple University’s Psychoeducational Clinic which provides low-cost comprehensive psychoeducational evaluations for children, adolescents, and young adults who are experiencing academic difficulties. Difficulties may be related to learning, attention, or neurological problems. For more information visit this link -

If you would like information regarding other community resources, please contact us at, and we will be happy to make a referral.