Orientation and Placement Assessment
Accommodations for Placement Assessments
You may be eligible for accommodations for taking placement assessments if:
- you received any accommodations in high school related to a documented condition
- you received resource room support or itinerant services in your previous educational setting
- you had an IEP or 504 plan in high school
- you are taking medication or have a condition that my interfere with your ability to take exams under standard conditions
To request an accommodation during placement assessments, follow these three easy steps:
Log in to MyDRS and select Register with DRS to complete a Student Information Form and upload a copy of your documentation. You can also fax, mail or hand-deliver your documentation. Make sure to indicate in your correspondence that you are requesting accommodations for placement assessments. DRS will confirm receipt of your documentation within three business days. Documentation review could take up to three weeks.
Review your placement assessments accommodation memo. DRS will issue this memo to you via your Temple e-mail account and copy Institutional Research and Assessment, the office that manages placement assessments at Temple University.
Take your placement assessments using the link e-mailed to you by the Office of Orientation. Typically, you will be able to begin your online placement assessments two business days after the placement assessments accommodation memo has been issued to you and IRA.
Accommodations for Orientation
During orientation, we can provide a wide range of reasonable accommodations, some of which may include:
- Accessible residence hall
- Sign language interpreters/CART
- Assistive listening devices
- Alternate format materials (large print, Braille, audio, etc.)
If you require any accommodations, please contact DRS as soon as possible, but at least three weeks prior to your orientation, so we can make arrangements.