Personal Care Attendants

The university does not offer personal attendant services. Students are encouraged to locate appropriate personal service providers independently. For classroom and general campus assistance, several students with a disability have found it beneficial to recruit and hire other students. For more involved personal care needs, students usually make arrangements through agencies or private contacts. Students are responsible for managing their attendant’s schedule and adhering to the university’s visitation and guest policies. Scheduling admittance to the residence halls for 24-hour attendants can be coordinated through the University Housing and Residential Life and DRS.  Information on agency referrals is available through Liberty Resources, Philadelphia’s Center for Independent Living.